Jonathan Dean joins The Lefton Group, LLC, of counsel after a full career as an in-house attorney in Akron and Cleveland.
- Attorney, Eaton Corporation, PLC, 2004 – October 2013, primarily as VP
and Senior Counsel to Eaton’s Automotive Group.
- Attorney, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, 1975 – 2004. Final
responsibility for Goodyear’s Asia and Latin America Regions.
- Associate, McBride, Baker, Wienke & Schlosser, Chicago, Ill., 1970 –
- Juris Doctor, 1970, The University of Chicago Law School.
- AB, Harvard College, 1967, cum laude.
Successful solutions in the following areas:
- Breach of contract, unfair competition, violation of non-compete claims.
- Retaliation, wrongful discharge claims.
- Discrimination based on race, gender and religion claims.
- Discrimination based on disability claims.
- Unfair labor practice charges stemming from communication with workers
about workplace issues.
- Contract interpretation involving scheduling and election issues and
- Notices required when a facility is closed.
- General business issues regarding contracts, establishing joint ventures, registration of off-shore operations and termination indemnities for employees in jurisdictions outside of the United States.
Admitted to Practice
- State courts in Ohio.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
- Northeast Ohio Corporate Counsel Association, president, 2008-2009.
- Board Member, Family Promise of Greater Cleveland, 2009 – 2013.
- Board Member, International Institute of Akron, 2000 – 2004.
- Member, San-Cap Rotary, Sanibel, Fla., 2016 – present.